Orlando Disc Problems Article
Orlando Disc Problems
Get Back Disc Help In Orlando Now
Back and neck disc problems refer to difficulties with intervertebral discs--the layers of cartilage between the bones of the spine. When they suffer damage from injury, they can affect the nerve tissue in the spinal column, causing pain and numbness in other parts of the body. Injuries can result from traffic accidents, chronic conditions--like poor posture--and failed surgery.
Back and neck disc problems fall into several general categories:
* A herniated disc is a rupture in the outer layer of the disc, causing the jelly-like center to expand outward into other parts of the neck and back.
* A bulging disc consists of swelling that occurs when the material in the center is shifted unduly to one side.
* A disc tear causes problems as the fluid leaks out into the surrounding tissue.
* A prolapsed disc entails a lost or misaligned piece of the material.
* A desiccated disc has been worn down through time or some other condition, causing the vertebrae to fuse.
Chiropractic Techniques Can Address Back and Neck Disc Problems
When the disc has ruptured or is misaligned, it can pinch the nearby nerves, causing pain and similar problems in other parts of the body. Chiropractic techniques act to reduce swelling in back and neck discs, realign the tissue with the spine and heal any of the lingering damage. When the pressure is removed from the nerve endings, more symptomatic treatments will work much more effectively.
"...When the pressure is removed from the nerve endings, more symptomatic treatments will work much more effectively.."
Though it is not right for every patient, it can often prevent needless surgery or address issues created by a failed procedure. Racine Chiropractic in Orlando, Florida treats back and neck disc problems.