Fibromyalgia Pain Relief Article
Fibromyalgia Pain Relief
Get Fibromyalgia Pain Relief Today
Fibromyalgia syndrome can be unsettling because its causes have not yet been determined. Though doctors believe that increased sensitivity to pain may be involved, and some cases can point to specific causes, such as an injury to the upper spine, a definitive cause has yet to be truly isolated. When coupled with the chronic, recurring pain and feeling of exhaustion that the condition embodies, the psychological stress it creates can often match the physical signs.
Fibromyalgia syndrome is marked by the following symptoms:
* Pain throughout the body, often involving tender points that hurt when they are touched
* An overall sense of exhaustion, caused both by the physical toll of fibromyalgia syndrome and the emotional strain of dealing with it
* A loss of sleep or drastic change in sleeping habits
* Bowel-related problems, such as diarrhea, constipation and bloating
* Numbness in the extremities
* An increased sensitivity to noises, lights or certain smells
Chiropractic Techniques Can Provide Pain Relief for Fibromyalgia Syndrome
Pain relief is often the first priority for those suffering from fibromyalgia. Doctors often prescribe medication and/or physical therapy for management of the symptoms. In some cases, however, chiropractic techniques can address fibromyalgia syndrome without the need for medication. By aligning the bones in the spine or along the joints where pain is most prominent, the chiropractor frees up the nerve endings causing the pain. Management of the syndrome thus becomes easier, especially in cases in which it arose after an injury to the back or spine. In Orlando, Florida, Racine Chiropractic can offer advice on the treatment of fibromyalgia syndrome.